AGASTYARKOODAM - TOURIST PLACE IN KERALA

AGASTYARKOODAM



Agastya Mala(also known as Agastyarkoodam or Agasthyakoodam) is a 1,868 metres (6,129 ft) peak within Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary in the Western Ghats South India. The mountain lies on the border between the Indian states of Kerala (inKollam and Thiruvananthapuram District and Tamil Nadu (in Tirunelveli).


The perennial Thamarabarani River originates from this hill and flows into the Tirunelveli District of Tamil Nadu. pilgrimage centre for devotees of the Hindu sage Agastya, who is considered to be one of the seven rishisSaptarishiHindu Puranas Tamils language is considered to be a boon from Agasthya. There is a full-sized statue of Agastya at the top of the peak and the devotees can offer pujas themselves.


1 comment:

Raghavendran Madhavan said...

Hi,

I would like to know more information about Agasthyarkoodam, Also I would like to go for trek to this place and looking for over night camp. Request you to provide me some more information about this place, I heard we need to get permission from forest dept., Please guide me, you can reach me at mraghavendran@gmail.com